Skip to main content

The Phone Call!



Well that phone call with the words I have been waiting to hear finally came. 

"You have officially been approved to schedule your pre-operative appointment with your surgeon" 
My pre-opp appointment is Thursday, February 15th 2018.

I started looking up pre-op procedures and I know that I need to stop my birth control at least 1 month prior to surgery, as I was told in my first appointment (the physical.) Lucky for me, and this might be TMI for you but luckily for me my period starts soon and so I am on my placebo week. So I will stop taking them, or not start my next months pills in preparation. 

Something else I have started in preparation, which actually I stated today was incorporating protien shakes into my diet. So my diet today looks as follows;

7am: 2 eggs on gluten free schar bread 
10am: 1 banana 
11:30am: One scoop of Pure Protein Chocolate in 20oz of water (this is more water than suggested but to get used to it I wanted it thinner rather than having the protein so thick)

It's almost 11:30 now, I have another banana with me at work so I can eat that or eat my 1/4 cup gluten free granola with 2tbs of peanut butter. I'm not sure what is for dinner yet but with incorporating the protein shakes which will eventually will be 3 meals a day I'm hoping I can get up to that before surgery rather than having to just jump into it after. Trying to make it easier for myself in not having a whole lot of crunchy foods or things like that. 

Pre-operative sample meal plan table. Good guide on how to eat. THE BIG GASTRIC BYPASS DIET GUIDEAlso in having a lower fat diet prior to surgery based on my research I can lower the amount of fat around my liver and spleen to make the surgery have less risks and what not. 

Based on everything I have read the best way to get the amount of protein needed as well as stay hydrated is by following the hourly diet on the left hand side < of the page. I'm going to try to do this fully for at least 1 week prior to surgery and like I said build up to it now! 

So now we wait for my pre-op appointment in 6 days.

Also in 8 days I will be home at my parents and I will be talking to them about my choices in having gastric bypass.  So here's to the wait getting much, much shorter and receiving the green light! 

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Study Results

This morning I found out my sleep study results.  Honestly going into this appointment I was really nervous. The hardest part was over, the actual sleep study, but finding out the results from a test is kind of always nerve racking.  So I got called in and sat in a room and waited for the PA. She was actually really, really nice and her name was Jennifer as well so easy to remember.  She was like let me know you your test results, it was a lot of charts. I felt weird asking to take a picture of them so I will show you my fit bit tracking of my sleep because it shows the same thing on a much more dumbed down level, as it doesn't track a quarter of the amount that a sleep study does.  The first chart, is the one from January 9th- the night of my sleep study.  All of red lines are were I am "waking up" but really those are were I am gasping myself awake when I start breathing again.  The Chart below, is from the other nig...

Meeting the Nutritionist...

Nutritionist Appointments are hard... Group Appointments are awkward! Before I could meet with my nutritionist 1:1 I had to go to a group seminar that lasted about 2.5 hours... What a drag! The group was filled with some interesting people to say the least all working on being qualified or making the decision if bariatric surgery was right for them.  My nutritionist asked a lot of questions and went over a lot of things during the seminar. But leaving I was ready to leave.. I knew what I had to do for the next month after leaving that group. I needed to track every single thing I ate for the next month and not gain any weight.. But eat better, low carbs, low sugar, no drinking anything within 30 minutes of eating! Essentially the gastric bypass diet once completely healed.  Before my seminar I had my abdominal ultrasound.. Which took just about an hour and a half.. When I got the results I kind of laughed... This may be TMI but I needed to Fart the whole tim...